Imagine walking to your little ones’ room for a change, but you take ages to find what you need. As you fumble around, you promise to organize everything the next day. Unfortunately, this is a scenario you may have found yourself in a few times. Luckily, with a baby dresser, you can make your work that much easier. Think about it. A drawer for your diapers, onesies, and other baby accessories. Bliss and easy!
But what should you consider when buying a dresser? Being a piece of furniture, is there anything specific you should think about before you finally hit pay? Well, that’s where this article comes in handy. Let’s start, so you pick the right dresser for your kid.
How to choose the best baby dresser
As mentioned, picking a dresser isn’t a matter of matching it with your little angel’s room. So, to make your work easier, here are a few considerations you should never ignore.
Features boil down to how functional you need your dresser. For instance, would you prefer a dresser only or something that doubles up as a changing table? Frankly, one that doubles up as a changing table makes more sense. It’s practical, and you have everything within reach, making your work easier.
It is the main reason for getting a dresser. So, figure out how much space you need by checking what you will store in the dresser. Also, the dresser being proportional to the rest of the room is vital. The thing is, you don’t want it to be too large, or the room will look overcrowded.
A dresser isn’t something you will get rid of within a few months. Most likely, you will have it for a long time and probably even use it for your other kids. For this reason, check the construction of the piece to ensure its durability.
A dresser is heavy, and the last thing you need is for it to fall over. So, the dresser you choose should stand on its own and be stable enough not to stumble. Remember, kids, play a lot, even during changing.
5. After-sales service
When purchasing things online, it’s hard to know exactly how you will assemble your furniture. Secondly, you may need other forms of assistance. For that reason, only purchase from a trusted dealer and one with excellent customer service. This way, you get access to all the help you need whenever in need.
The best baby dresser worth buying
1. Dream on Me Marcus Changing table and dresser
Without a doubt, this is one of the best baby dressers in the market, and it’s easy to see why. First, it comes with a changing table which makes changing your little one convenient. Secondly, it features a safety rail to keep your little one safe during those messy (sometimes playful) diaper changes. Also, it comes with a changing pad for comfort and restraining straps for extra safety.
Secondly, its drawers measure 36 by 23 by 43 inches which is deep enough for heavy clothes. Lastly, it’s a bit heavy at 72.8 pounds since cherry wood is the main material. It also means it’s sturdy and won’t fall over.
- Well crafted of solid cherry wood
- Crafted safety rail for safety
- Enough storage with three deep drawers
- Meets CPSC and ASTM standards
- Stylish and comes in various colors to choose from
- Needs assembling
2. DaVinci Kalani 6-Drawer Double Wide Dresser in White
Made using 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood, this baby dresser fits beautifully with any baby room. It has six durable drawers to hold all your little one’s adorable clothes and accessories. Further, it comes with additional corner blocks. It means it’s sturdy, so your child is safe when around the dresser. Therefore, you can use it as a changing table and switch it back to a dresser when the baby is older. This will make your work a little easier. Further, the dresser comes with euro glides, which makes opening and closing a piece of cake.
- Durable so you can use it for years to come
- Drawers measure 47 by 21.5 by 32.35, so it’s deep enough
- It comes in a variety of colors to match your baby’s room
- It has six drawers which is enough space
- Some users say it comes with an unpleasant smell when new, so buy it before the baby comes.
3. Fisher-price signature double dresser
This six-drawer dresser measures 47.6 by 17.5 by 32.5 inches, so you don’t have to worry about storing heavy clothes. Also, its unique finish gives a nice look that complements any baby room perfectly. Additionally, the dressing table passes JPMA and ASTM standards since pine wood is it’s base material. It also means it’s safe for your baby. Lastly, the manufacturer gives a 1-year warranty which is a plus.
- Easy to assemble and comes with all the tools you need
- Euro-glide drawers for easy opening and closing
- It has a vintage grey finish that matches most baby rooms
- Sturdy to keep kids safe
- It doesn’t come with a changing table
4. Babyletto Lolly 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
In a nice stormy gray, this dresser comes with everything you need to quickly and easily change your little one. The drawers measure 19.12 by 35 by 33.5, while the changing table measures 31 inches by 16 inches. This means, it is enough space for your little one’s clothes. Additionally, once you potty train your munchkin, you can get rid of the detachable changing table. Further, the drawers have ball-bearing glides to make operations easy. Also, to keep your child safe, the drawers have a stop mechanism, which means they won’t fall off.
- Three large drawers to give you the freedom to organize as you wish
- Enough depth for heavy clothes
- It comes with an anti-tip kit exceeding ASTM standards
- It uses New Zealand wood which makes it a sustainable model
- Non-toxic multi-step painting to keep baby safe
- Stable and durable
- It takes time to assemble
5. Storkcraft Crescent 3 Drawer Chest
This fancy-shaped drawer has three chests. It comes in a deep grey, black or white to match any kid’s room. Drawer dimensions are 14 inches deep, 23.7 inches wide, and 4 inches high. Typically, this is more than enough for your baby’s heavy clothes. This dresser makes tidying easy as it has two concealed shelves to fit more clothes, accessories, and even toys. The good thing is, the dresser grows with your little one. It means they can use it even when they are teens. The dresser is sturdy, has safety stops, and uses euro-glide to make organizational change much easier.
- Meets industry safety standards
- Enough storage with two extra well-hidden shelves
- Deep enough for heavy clothes
- Safe, sturdy, and durable
- Environmentally friendly
- May need an electric screw or drill during assembly.
6. Delta Children Sutton
The Delta Children Sutton dressing table weighs 92.4 pounds. It’s easy to assemble with drawers measuring 34.7 inches wide by 17.5 inches deep by 97 inches high. Further, the dresser is practical as it comes with a detachable changing table. You can quickly get rid of it when your baby finally potty trains. It meets all ASTM safety standards. Also, it has gone through lead and another toxic element testing to ensure it’s safe for little ones.
- Enough space for clothes, accessories, and toys
- It comes with a detachable changing table
- Excellent customer service and response team
- Metal drawer guides with a safety stop so you can use them freely without worry.
- Meets ASTM standards
- Some users found the instructions a little confusing
The dressing table can help you keep your small room tidy. You can easily choose the items you need through the dressing table, because you know where all items are carefully placed.
We hope this guide will help you make an informed decision when buying a baby dresser.