For many new and expectant mothers, selecting a baby stroller is akin to choosing a new car. Either way, the baby stroller you select will be the most important and most frequently utilized baby equipment you will own as a parent. However, in real life, new mothers have difficulty anticipating the exact type of stroller to purchase to cater to their needs because of the sheer number of choices available in the market.
So we will take you through a series of strollers and what you need to know when buying a new stroller.
What Type of Stroller is Best?
- Full-size strollers have excellent advantages in terms of comfort and convenience. They can grow with your baby and are best for babies up to 3 or 4 years old.
Here, features include shock absorbers, the removable front tray, European-style canopies, spacious storage baskets, and intense back support.
Mother and Baby Sitting next to Stroller
- Travel system strollers are massively adaptable, containing infant car seats and central stroller units. Some models have seats that can recline, with adjustable backrests for when babies get older.
- Lightweight strollers weigh less than most. Thus, their slim profiles enable travel situations because they’re easy to fold and store in plane bins.
- Double stroller’s seats are close to each other or in a single file. Some are convertible, with one seat plus the ability to add on a second seat if you have twins.
Woman Sitting Next To Double Stroller
- Convertible strollers are full-size strollers built to accommodate more than one child at a time by adjusting the seating configurations.
- Jogging strollers are designed specifically for mothers who love to run. Specifically, these strollers have enhanced sturdiness and absorb bouncing due to terrain bumpiness. Also, some models are equipped with handbrakes to control them on downhill slopes.
Couple Jogging with a Stroller
What To Consider When Shopping for Strollers
Whether One-handed or One-step Fold
Lightweight strollers can have one-hand fold or one-handed attachments for car seats. Indeed, it is a critical feature to enable you to move with ease.
Large Seating Space
High-quality strollers have ample seating space for the baby, with bassinet mode and deep recline. Here, you can place your baby in them from day one.
Baby in Stroller with Mum
The best seat belt is a five-point harness.
Multi-angle Adjustable Backrest
If you can adjust it with one hand it is the best. Also, it allows your baby to rest in a comfortable position in the stroller.
Face parents on the grounds of safety, or explore the outside world in a different direction. This feature is also very suitable for situations where there is wind, and you don’t want it to blow directly on your baby.
Ideally, desirable baby strollers have compact, well-designed awnings/canopies that provide additional sun protection and extra shade for your baby. The awnings should be easy to remove and reattach, protecting your baby from harmful UV rays.
Newborn Sleeping in Stroller
Shock Absorption Effect
A good baby stroller has a well-designed shock absorption system that is adjustable depending on the road conditions. Also, enhanced shock absorption protects the baby’s brain while on the move.
Ideally, one should always test the braking feature on the stroller, checking for ease of use and how easy the user can trip them. Therefore, the best braking should include secure stops and easy disengagement when one is ready to move.
Truly, it is no secret that babies generally come with a lot of gear. For this reason, the best strollers have large undercarriages that hold items to simplify your life while on the move.
Baby Smiling in Stroller
Ideally, strollers should feature high-quality, lightweight, but durable materials like aluminum frame designs and eco-friendly fabrics. Also, they should have rubber wheels for sufficient traction on slippery surfaces.
Is it Possible to Board a Plane?
Travel strollers should be sufficiently customized to quickly break down and fit in the overhead compartment or folded down quickly and carried on the shoulder. Therefore, if you travel often, get to know if the stroller you have your eye on can board a plane.
Worth-recommended 11 Best Baby Strollers
The Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Travel Baby Stroller
Size: 17.6 x 29.9 x 41.7 inches, seating capacity of 1
Product weight: An average of 11.8 pounds
Weight limit: Up to 50 pounds maximum
- First, the stroller comes with a multi-position reclining seat that ensures your child is always comfortable.
- Secondly, it incorporates a three-tier modified canopy for maximum sun protection.
- Thirdly, the stroller features parent trays for drink holders and a large storage area.
- Fourthly, an adjustable 5-point harness with all-terrain wheels and adjustable front suspension work together.
- Also, self-standing fold with convenient one-hand modes.
- Lastly, the stroller has a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Peg Perego YPSI Travel System, Atmosphere
The Peg Perego YPSI Stroller is designed for pure agility and can easily pass through narrow spaces.
Product Size: 39.25 inches length x 20 inches width x 40.25 inches height
Product weight: 22.5 pounds
Stroller-weight limit: 22.5 pounds item weight, 50 pounds maximum when loaded
- First of all, the Peg Perego YPSI Stroller easily converts from single to double stroller via the YPSI adapters (sold separately)
- Secondly, it has a superior lightweight frame made of aluminum
- Thirdly, being an Italian brand, this stroller comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Also, it comes with an expandable basket and hand-washable fabric for easy maintenance
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
Product size: 35.5” x 21.75” x 43” when unfolded
Product weight: 23 pounds
Stroller weight limits: 50lbs maximum
- First, the Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System features a one-handed self-standing fold that prevents the stroller from toppling or rolling away.
- Second, the travel system comes with a height-adjustable handle and tray cup holders.
Evenflo Pivot Travel System with Safemax Infant Car Seat
Product weight: 20 lbs
Product size: 25.5” x 47” x 34” when fully unfolded
Stroller weight limit: 50 lbs maximum
- First, this stroller comes with six possible configurations
- Second, it comes with an attached toddler seat
Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Single Stroller
Product size: 17.7 x 7.1 x 22.24 inches
Product weight: 9 lbs
Stroller weight limit: 20 lbs
- First, this stroller features a single-hand fold and locks automatically
- Second, you can fold it and tuck it into an airplane’s overhead compartment
- Third, it comes with a UV 40+ sun canopy
- It does not come with a car seat.
Product size: 31.89 x 18.5 x 41.06 inches
Product weight: 16.98 lbs
Stroller weight limit: 55 lbs
- First, it is an incredibly light stroller (especially for stairs environments)
- Secondly, it is very secure with a harness that a parent can only unbuckle by pressing both front and back
- Babies can only use it when older than six months because it does not come with a car seat adapter.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller
Product size: 40.7 x 29.25 x 42.25 inches
Product weight: 36.5 lbs
Stroller weight limit: 50 lbs
- First, it is super easy and quick folding
- Secondly, it has Forever Air rubber tires for durable use
- Thirdly, the seat can recline to a near-flat position
- Cannot hold two car seats with adaptors
Cybex Balios S Stroller
Product size: 16.1 x 23.6 x 29.5 inches
Product weight: 24.7 lbs
Stroller weight limit: 55 lbs
- First, it features 3-in-1 system designs to help you travel over any terrain
- Secondly, the All-wheel suspension on the Cybex Balios S and UPF 50+ canopy eliminates exposure to sun and wind.
UPPAbaby Vista V2 stroller
Product size: 36 x 25.7 x 39.5 inches
Product weight: 27 lbs
Stroller-weight limit: 50 lbs
- First, it comes with the spring-action all-wheel suspension for all-terrain travel
- Secondly, it has extended canopies over the toddler seats
BOB Gear Revo Flex 3.0 Jogging Stroller
Product size: 46 x 25 x 45 inches
Product weight: 28.5 lbs
Stroller-weight limit: 75kg
- First, the BOB Gear brand has always existed, by the parents’ favorite.
- Secondly, it has an adjustable handlebar that can take nine positions
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger
Product size: 47 x 21 x 41 inches
Product weight: 25.5 lbs
Stroller-weight limit: 50 lbs
- First, it is quite an affordable stroller, considering its features
- Secondly, it comes with a lockable front wheel and large tires
- Unfortunately, it does not handle well off-road due to a lack of efficient shock absorbers
- Lower weight and height clearance
Do You Need a Stroller and Seat Combo?
Travel systems are a car seat + stroller combo. Firstly, you need one, and the benefits include a vast array of styles, prices, and configurations. Secondly, you will also be able to quickly move the baby to and from the car with ease. Thirdly, extra features include discreet cup holders, storage space, and swing-out seats. Lastly, the combo always has a base that stays in the car.
In conclusion, finding a good stroller is not an easy task. However, we hope that the various points noted in this post will be helpful when choosing the best stroller for your precious baby. We look forward to penning more resourceful parenting tips with you and your loved ones!
Family Pushing Baby on Stroller