About Best Baby Knee Pads for Crawling，Seeing your baby crawl is probably one of the most significant milestones.That means they’re only a few months from walking.
Now, although seeing them crawl is fulfilling, you automatically start fearing for their tender knees. Luckily, this is where knee pads play a significant role.
This article will explain how to use knee pads and give ideas on babies’ best knee pads.
When Should Babies Learn to Crawl?
Typically, babies start to crawl between six and ten months. Additionally, they’ll begin to slowly sit up and rock back and forth on their hands as the body prepares for the transition. Before you know it, your baby follows you around on all fours. It is the cutest thing ever.
How to Teach Your Baby to Crawl
Before giving it a try, teaching your baby how to crawl might seem like an uphill task. However, it is not as challenging as it looks. So, here are a few tips to guide you during the process.
Create a comfortable environment for crawling
It is the first step towards learning how to crawl. First, you can prepare a play area at a corner of your living room and fill it with fun toys. The toys will motivate the baby to try and move from one point to the next.
Have a lot of tummy time with the baby
Tummy time works wonders in strengthening the baby’s muscles as they learn to carry the body’s weight. Lay the baby on his/her tummy and let them practice lifting their body. However, some babies don’t like this position. You can lie down to make it enjoyable. Similarly, you can lay in front of them.
Also, you can put the baby on your belly to increase your belly’s entertainment time. That way, you can look at them while they practice lifting their body.
Position a mirror in front of them
Have you ever seen how mirrors captivate babies? Without a doubt, they can stare at themselves for hours. To motivate your baby, take a sizable mirror and place it a few feet in front of them. 9 out of 10 times, the baby will move towards the mirror and touch their reflection.
Crawl alongside the baby so that they imitate
Babies are more likely to imitate what they see. Therefore, you can get on the floor beside them or ask an older sibling to do it. Show them how to crawl and patiently encourage them to join you. Although it will probably take more than one attempt, he will eventually emulate you.
How to choose the suitable baby knee pads for crawling
- Size: Baby knee pads don’t have a broad range of sizes. However, it is helpful for you to select a size that will fit your baby’s knees perfectly. Large knee pads may fall off, and small ones might be too tight.
- Material: Anti-slip material is the best when it comes to baby knee pads. Similarly, the knee pads should also consist of thick material that will not wear out rapidly. That way, the baby’s knees are safe from bruises, and you don’t have to worry about them sliding on the floor.
- Straps Vs. Elastic bands: Straps work well on bare or covered skin. However, the adjustability might not be sufficient. On the other hand, elastic bands offer more breathability but tend to slip up and down a lot.
- Price: Depending on the material, size, and band type, knee pads vary in cost. Good knee pads range between $10 -$20. Therefore, you have the freedom to pick knee pads that are within your budget.
Best Baby Knee Pads for Crawling 2021
Ashtonbee knee pads come in a value pack of three pairs. Each pack consists of a blue, green, and orange knee pad.
- The knee pads are gender-neutral.
- They feature high-quality and comfortable cotton material.
- The material is breathable and consists of a padded cushion.
- It is also non-slip and safe for use indoors and outdoors.
- Comes with a clip pacifier or teether.
- Easy to wash, whether in machine-washable and dryer-safe.
- According to customer reviews, the padding is not thick enough, and it wears out quickly. Therefore, you might need to purchase several pieces.
This Australian brand has been manufacturing high-quality baby knee pads for years. The knee pads are durable and stylish.
- Babies can use Snazzy’s knee pads indoors and outdoors. The material accommodates all floor types.
- The material contains neoprene, which makes them durable.
- They are easy to clean and machine-washable.
- It can last your baby up to four years.
- They feature Velcro straps that loop through an elastic band, making them firm around the knees.
- They consist of tiny beads around the knee that enhance grip.
- The knee pads can slip off on bare knees.
- The padding is also inadequate for babies with tiny legs as the knee pad won’t fit properly
Another fantastic brand of baby knee pads is MaberryTech. Their excellent knee pads ensure that your baby’s knees are safe.
- It comes in 5 different colors. That gives you a wide range of options.
- Consists of 80% cotton, 18% Dacron, and 2% spandex. That makes them breathable and soft on the skin.
- It consists of a highly elastic sponge that prevents knee strain.
- Easy to put on and take off because of elasticity,
- They are machine-washable and dryer-safe.
- They are unisex and can also function as elbow pads.
- According to reviews, the bands tend to be tight on chunky legs.
- The strings around the knee pad can unravel after a few washes.
- They are also not effective on all floors.
If you’re looking for knee pads that don’t require straps, then Ah Goo is your best option.
- Have elastic ends that prevent them from sliding up or down.
- Make of 60% cotton and 40% elastic nylon, making them comfortable and durable.
- They are machine washable and dryer-safe.
- They won’t serve your baby for long. They accommodate kids between 7-11 months.
- Because of the elastic ends, they might not work well on bare skin.
5.Best Baby Knee Pads for Crawling–Bella Tuno baby knee pads
Bella Tuno represents vibrancy and color. Their knee pads are bright and scream happy knees.
- They are available in over ten design patterns and colors.
- They are unisex.
- The thick padding ensures comfort.
- They contain high-quality cotton, polyester, and spandex material.
- They are durable both indoors and outdoors.
- Bella Tuno knee pads are pricey. They range from $3 while others cost less.
The last fantastic knee pads are from BOSONER. Luckily, these knee pads are comfortable and make crawling fun for the baby.
- It features soft cotton fabric that protects knees from bruises.
- They are adjustable, which makes them comfortable.
- They come in 5 pretty colors; pink, grey, blue, green, and coffee.
- They are unisex and serve babies up to 2 years.
- Chunky little feet may find it tight.
- Insufficient padding.
1.Do these baby knee pads work for both indoors and outdoors?
All these baby knee pads work exceptionally well indoors. However, not all will produce the same results outdoors. Thus, you need a well-padded knee pad for the outdoors.
2.How to wash baby knee pads?
Baby knee pads contain a large percentage of cotton material. Therefore, you can soak them in soapy water for a while and clean them after a few minutes. But the knee pads are also machine washable. Also, you can dry most of them in the dryer.
3. Are These Knee Pads Going to Be Too Tight on My Child’s Legs?
Most knee pads come with an adjustable strap. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about hurting your child’s legs. However, take note of the sizes while purchasing to avoid disappointment.
Knee pads are the best in protecting your baby’s knees from scrapes and bruises. Therefore, look for the best design and quality to keep them comfortable. Soon enough, they’ll transition into the walking stage.