Whether breastfeeding, formula feeding, or mixed feeding, the glass baby bottles is an indispensable feeding tool. But you can imagine how many bottles to choose from on the market.
There are so many choices for the size and material of the baby bottle. For example, plastic, glass, and silicone, but we still recommend glass baby bottles. Want to know what is right for you and the baby? To illustrate this, we’ve broken down everything for you, so keep reading.
1. The Reason why Choose Glass Bottles
Glass bottles have a perfect size and are easy to use. Furthermore, there are other benefits which include:
Glass bottles tend to withstand the harsh parenting conditions, thus staying longer than plastic bottles. Moreover, they become turbid over time and must be replaced when atomized.
Best for milk heating
You can comfortably heat the milk in the glass bottle without worrying about the release of toxins into your baby’s milk.
Glass baby bottles don’t have a bad smell.
Most people hate that awful odor that a new plastic bottle has. To worsen the situation, it’s not only the bottle that smells – even the drink does.
Glass has no chemicals.
Glass baby bottles don’t contain any chemicals.Additionally, silica used in their production is a safe material. As a result, they are one of the best and safest baby products on the market.
Easy to clean.
Most often, glass bottles do not come in complicated shapes. Besides, they have fewer parts and less complicated designs, thus easy to clean.
2. Why You May Hate Glass Bottles
It’s undeniable that glass bottles deliver in terms of functionality. However, there are some deal-breakers. For instance, glass bottles can easily break. Let us look at some of the deal-breakers in details:
Generally, plastics are cheap, and baby plastic bottles are not an exception. Equally important,they come at pocket-friendly prices, unlike glass bottles.
It might not bother you as a parent. In Spite of that, glass bottles are too heavy, and most babies can’t withstand that weight for too long.
Even though these bottles come with some coating to prevent shattering, there’s a high risk of breakage. Therefore, babies more readily accept its orthodontic thumb-shaped teat.
You can more easily locate plastic bottles in a baby shop than glass bottles.
3. Factors to Consider when Choosing a Glass Bottle
Below are those factors to consider when choosing a glass bottle;
i. Size: It’s good to find the size that best suits your baby. First, start with small bottles which can hold around 4 to 5 ounces. Later, when your baby grows and their appetite increases, you can switch to bigger ones.
ii. Nipple Type: Nipples usually come in different flow speeds. Namely, slow ( 0-3 months), medium (3-6 months), and fast ( 6 and above). Therefore, newborns usually start with low speed, and with time, they’ll finally move to faster flows.
iii. Shape: When choosing the shape, consider a shape that will not complicate things for your young one. For instance, straight and thin feeding bottles are perfect because they fit into most bottle warmers and cup holders.
iv. Compatibility: Always go for a baby bottle that is compatible with other baby products. For example, your bottle needs to fit on the milk warmer and even carriers smoothly.
v. Silicone cover or handle: Silicon covers last a bit longer and also toxin-free. On the contrary, natural handles beat them. The reason being, natural handles are resistant to bites, toxin-free, and also softer.
4. 10 Most Worth Buying Glass Baby Bottles.
In case you are still undecided about which glass baby bottle to buy, worry not. We’ve compiled for you a list of the best performers and the top-ranked ones from Amazon.
- Shape; Original breast-like shape
- Size; 8 ounces
Price: $21.34 ( pack of 4)
- Easy to clean.
- It has a breast-like nipple. As a result, this makes it easier to transit back and forth
- It’s durable
- The bottle is suitable for feeding even the youngest infants.
- The shape is awkward. Thus it calls for special carriers.
- Not available in most stores.
- Shape; Natural nipple shape
- Size; 8 ounce
Price: $36.99 (pack of 4)
- The Natural glass bottle is heat and thermal shock resistant. It can thus be safely stored in the fridge or warmed.
- Features a wide breast shaped nipple which promotes natural latch.Thus, it’s easy for your baby to combine breast and bottle feeding.
- Petals present inside the nipple increase softness and flexibility without nipple collapse.
- It is simple to use and clean because of a wide bottleneck.
- More expensive than other brands.
- Shape; Breast-like shape
- Durability; 12 months
- Size; 9 ounces
Price: $25 ( pack of 3)
- It is clinically proven to reduce colic.
- The bottles’ design helps decrease spit-up, burping, and gas.
- Can preserve nutrients in breast milk and formula
- It offers a flow rate that supports breastfeeding.
- BPA free, dishwasher (top rack), and sterilizer safe
- A bit complicated
- Color: Green
- Size: 5 ounce
Price: $22 ( a pack of 1)
- The bottle does not easily stain or absorb odor
- Very easy to clean.
- It’s available with or without silicone sleeves.
- It’s very expensive
- Not easily available
- Prone to breakage
- Color: Mint, Blanket/Kale, Blueberry
- Weight: 2.46 Pounds
- Capacity: 250 Milliliters
- The bottles are thermal and shock-resistant since they are made of high-quality borosilicate glass.
- It features a protective silicone sleeve which helps prevent breakage as well as providing an easier grip.
- The bottle can help in freezing liquids.
- They’re costly.
- Colour: Green, pink, blue
- Size: 4 Ounce
Price: $16.99 ( a pack of 2)
- The Potato Nipple is quite effective. Hence, it enables babies to use the same natural feeding actions they learn.
- The Potato feeding bottle comes in perfect shape, therefore making it suitable as a gift.
- All in one design without extra parts and a wide neck makes it easy to clean.
For instance;Not suitable for older babies, especially nine months and above.
- Size: 8 ounce
- Color: Clear
Price: $34.88 ( pack of 6)
- Bottles are thermal shock resistant.
- The bottle features not only a unique but also a naturally-sloped nipple that promotes a healthy wide latch.
- Colic, gas, and fussiness may not be a problem because the bottles have 1-piece integrated venting.
- Not available in most stores.
- Weight: 1.08 Kilograms
- Capacity: 8 Ounces
Price: $ 58.34 ( Pack of 1)
- Bottle encourages baby’s wave-like tongue movement, thus promoting natural oral development.
- Soft teat made of silicone stretches and flexes for optimal compression.
- The bottle has inner vertical ridges that strengthen teat structure,consequently making it collapse-resistant
- It has a unique gradual slope design. Therefore enabling smooth peristaltic tongue movement.
- It has an air ventilation system, therefore reducing intake of air, a potential cause of colic.
- Very expensive.
- Capacity: 260 Milliliters
- Dishwasher safe: Yes
Price: $ 22.67 ( pack of 1)
- The dust cap is spill-proof. Again, it also doubles as a measuring cup.
- The bottle has a unique flat symmetric shape – like mum’s breast when breastfeeding.
- It’s easy to fill and clean.
- The bottle is safe and highly temperature-resistant.
- It’s not compatible with other baby products.
- It is a bit costly.
- Color: Grey
- Capacity: 3oz/90ml
Price： $ 62.32 ( pack of 1)
- Babies more readily accept its orthodontic thumb-shaped teat.
- Off-center silicone nipple allows for feeding in a natural upright position.
- The bottle features an ergonomic design therefore making it easy and comfortable to hold.
- Its dust-proof cap protects from airborne nasties.
- The bottle is very expensive.
- Not available in many local stores.
What you have to know
Appropriate and high-quality glass baby bottles will not only make babies accept it faster. But it also makes parents more worry-free.
I hope you found this article helpful.