There’s always the uncertainty that comes with picking the right products for your baby, Infant Hair Products. For this reason, you don’t want to risk using any baby hair product on the market shelves. Specifically, you need safe, chemical-free products to give your baby comfort and ease during styling.
That’s why we’ve put together all the best infant hair products – from detangling spray to relaxing conditioners to shampoo hybrids. These products will not irritate your little one’s sensitive skin. Before we get to the list, let’s discuss a few pointers to remember when shopping for baby hair products.
1. How to Choose the Best Baby Hair Products?
Ensure Natural Ingredients
Usually, most brands claim to use ‘100% natural ingredients in their hair care products. Therefore, it’s up to you to check the ingredients section of your product. Ensure that they are void of dyes, sulfates, parabens, and other harmful chemicals.
Ordinarily, baby hair products that feature a tear-free formula have a relatively lower cleansing agent content. Thus, this makes them milder and less likely to irritate your baby’s sensitive skin.
Baby Enjoying Hair-washing Session
Feeling of Using
Ideally, your preferred baby hair product should match your baby’s hair type. The feel of use will be a lot better and more relaxing.
2. 5 Best Infant Hair Products
The following are five of the best shampoos, conditioners, and gels to use on your baby’s hair:
Suitable for Wavy and Curly Hair: Fairy Tales Curly-Q Daily Hydrating Shampoo for Kids
- This product is saturated with fruit extracts to keep your baby’s hair shiny and bouncy. The extracts also help manage frizz and define curls.
- Fairy Tales Hydrating shampoo contains cleansing ingredients that, when combined with Aloe, offers full nourishment and hydration.
- The avocado and murumuru butter supplements ensure lasting hydration and better curls.
- It leaves your baby’s hair looking fabulous and shiny at a reasonable cost.
- Fairy Tale hydrating shampoo has a sprightly pear basil fragrance. This leaves your baby’s head smelling fresh for the longest time.
Suitable for Straight and Dry Natural Hair: Fresh Monster 2-in-1Kids Shampoo and Conditioner
- First, it is free of synthetic fragrances, phthalates, parabens, sulphates, BPA, and toxins.
- Secondly, the shampoo bottle has a child-safe pump feature that allows your child to use it in your absence.
- Also, besides offering a deep cleanse, Fresh Monster leaves your baby’s hair feeling lustrous, smooth, and soft.
Suitable for Medium-length Curly Hair: Frobabies Hair Detangle Me Baby Leave-In Conditioner
- First, it is made using honey/avocado extracts to protect your baby’s hair from breakage and strengthen hair strands.
- Secondly, parents and kids alike love Frobabies’ fresh and delicious fragrance.
- Also, compared to most leave-in conditioners, Frobabies is accessible on the pocket.
- Lastly, it is usable on both dry and wet hair.
Suitable for Dry, Sketchy Hair with Loose Curl Patterns: Miss Jessie’s Baby Buttercreme
- Firstly, buttercreme is extremely easy and light to apply.
- Secondly, your baby’s hair will stay moisturized for two days or more.
- Thirdly, it contains a peppermint formula for a scalp tingling sensation.
- Also, it is usable by babies and adults alike.
- Finally, it absorbs thoroughly into hair and gives it a smooth texture.
Suitable for Short, Wavy Hair: SheaMoisture Mango and Carrot Kids’ Extra-Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner
- Firstly, it locks in the moisture from your baby’s scalp and offers deep hydration.
- Secondly, it contains a blend of natural ingredients that will speed up hair growth and revitalize your baby’s hair cells.
- Thirdly, the unique carrot oil extract rejuvenates and replenishes your baby’s damaged hair.
- Lastly, your baby’s hair will become more manageable through the coconut oil’s relaxing qualities.
Suitable for Long, Dry Hair: Original Sprout Hair and Body Baby Wash
- Firstly, it is non-drying and extra gentle on your baby’s skin. Its pH level is closely similar to a typical baby’s skin.
- Secondly, it helps with a host of skin conditions such as excessive dryness, cradle cap, psoriasis, acne, and eczema.
- Thirdly, it is vegan and organic. This means that it contains zero toxic ingredients.
- Finally, the attractive fragrance will leave your baby’s head feeling fresh and moisturized.
3. Other Methods of Baby Hair Care
Infant Hair Products–o Not Use Shampoo Products Too Often
Experts recommend using shampoo occasionally because water is enough to wash out dandruff and keep the hair moisturized. Also, use a moisturizer, soft oil, or anything that will do a better job and won’t harm your baby’s scalp.
Girl Drying Hair After Bath
Infant Hair Products–Your Fingers are the Best Comb for Curls
Compared to combing, using your fingers is an easier and faster way of putting your baby’s hair in order. Regular combing often leads to hair breakage, extra shedding and leaves the hair looking frizzy and puffy.
Smiling Girl With Curly Hair
Infant Hair Products–Be Careful of Certain Fabrics
Some harmful, wrinkle-resistant fabrics, and vintage clothing will worsen your child’s skin condition or leave the healthy ones feeling itchy. These fabrics include bamboo, wool, and synthetic materials (acrylic, nylon, polyester, etc.). Instead, fix your eyes on natural materials such as linen, alpaca, silk, hemp, cashmere, merino wool, and organic cotton.
Happy Baby Wearing Hats
Thanks for reading thus far. We hope the points listed in this post will help you choose the right product for your baby’s hair. We honestly look forward to sharing more parenting knowledge with you.