Having a baby is one of the most amazing things that can happen to you, and let’s be honest here, it’s miraculous, somewhat downright terrifying. They are so precious and innocent that letting them even a minute down of your site can be stressful. However, there’s no reason to worry if you have long range baby monitor. They let caregivers and parents keep an eye on children day or night, audio, video, or wearable.
Today, we take a review of the best long-range baby monitor to let mothers get the assurance of their kids’ condition. Let’s dive in.
Do I need the long-range baby monitor?
Long-range baby monitors are highly essential. So, as a parent or caregiver, why would you need to have a long-range baby monitor with you?
They help provide caregivers with some peace of mind and offer them a glimpse into their kid’s world, especially when they happen to be away.
First, baby monitors come in handy when you want to know where your baby will be sleeping from day one.
Secondly, you’ll need a baby monitor if you happen to be a deep sleeper. This way, you’ll be able to hear all your baby’s noises, a matter that will give you some reassurance.
Thirdly, there are other alternatives to use the baby monitor. For instance, when kids are old, monitors help independent playtime and see how long it takes them to fall asleep. They also help in yard work during nap times.
Fourthly, baby monitors help parents and caregivers talk to kids from another room or play the music that lulls them to sleep without the need to enter the nursery.
(Close-up Of Young Couple Looking At Baby Monitor On Digital Tablet At Home)
Long-Range Baby Monitor purchase considerations
As a parent, you’d always desire the best for your child. So, what should you look out for when on the hunt for a long-range baby monitor? The following are what you need to consider:
Security & Privacy
Security and privacy are the first things you need to consider when purchasing a baby monitor. You need to ensure that you are buying your baby monitor from a reputable supplier and ensure that it receives security updates.
An audio signal generally travels better than a video feed. However, if you want to ensure that you stay on a video monitor all day, you may want to go with an audio option.
Stable frequency signal
A majority of baby monitors work perfectly on designated frequencies, such as 2.4 MHz frequency. You need to go for baby monitors that work on stable frequency signals.
You should purchase with the one that comes with a solid range. Some of the best ones are those whose transmission is up to 700 feet with no obstructions.
A long battery life means that you won’t have to charge your baby monitor every other time or have to sit next to the power outlet. Ensure that you purchase a baby monitor with long battery life.
Night-lights matter the most, mainly when you hunt for a baby monitor. Night-lights help parents see, especially when they don’t intend at switching on the light.
Two-way communication is better
Baby monitors also ensure that there’s two-way communication between the mother and the baby. Some baby monitors provide two-way communication, allowing parents to speak back to the babies, also known as parent talk-back.
Other features to consider
when purchasing your baby monitor, consider these including automatic night vision, installed lullaby tunes, sound volume LED indicators, and room temperature monitoring.
Best Long-range Baby Monitor Product Recommendation
There are plenty of baby monitors on the market. However, the following are the best nine baby cameras that you may want to consider purchasing:
Vtech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
- Two-way talk
- Infrared night vision and temperature
- VOX Wake-up Model & Feeding Alarm Reminding
- 2.4” High-Quality LCD Display
- Easy installment and convenient to operate
- The base lacks a battery backup
- Hard to silence parental units
Video and audio Baby Monitor
- Vibrating sound alert
- Talk-back intercom
- 1,000 ft range
- It tends to freeze at times
- It comes at a time when it loses signal and stops working.
VAVA 720P 5″ HD Monitor
- Crisp and clear real-time images
- Effortless monitoring
- Up to 24 hours battery life
- Stable wireless connection
- It doesn’t randomly connect at times
- It tends to freeze at times
Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera
- Long-distance transmission and infrared vision
- Temperature monitoring
- Two way talk communication
- Whole room coverage
- Timing feed reminding
- Shorter lifespan due to PTZ cameras
- Possible for intruders to slip undetected from under the camera’s field of view
Infant Optics DXR-8 Add-on Camera
- Additional camera units pairs with DXR-8
- It features remote/tilt/zoom night visions, an interchangeable lens, and a remote thermometer.
- Zoom lens and wide-angle lens sold separately
- Inclusion of a camera power adapter
- Not compatible with DXR-8 PRO
- It doesn’t have a wide-angle lens
Infant Optics DXR-8 PRO Baby Monitor 720P 5″ HD Display
- Patent-pending active noise reduction feature
- Ultra-clear video quality
- Large 5” screen
- Full viewing control
- Double the audio power
- It doesn’t support watching on a tablet, phone, or TV
- No screenshots, remote monitoring, or video capture
Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera
- High-quality color screen
- High definition night vision
- Excellent temperature monitoring
- Two way talking and extended transmission range
- Wide variety of handy features
- The screen tends to freeze at times
- Sometimes, it beeps, and the screen goes blank
Cocoon Cam Plus Baby Breathing and Video Monitor 2018 Version
- HD live stream
- Instant alerts
- Real-time breathing rate
- Non-invasive monitoring
- Reliable long-term performance
- Its camera isn’t that perfect due to poor clarity
- The only way to monitor your kid is by using your phone
4. FAQs of long-range baby monitors
Q1: What is the maximum range of the baby monitor?
Long-range baby monitors are ideal, especially if you want to monitor your kid’s situation when you are slightly far away. However, you need to note that there are some common problems with long-range baby monitors. The maximum range of the best baby monitors is 700ft.
Q2: Why Should Indoor Range Considered Important?
The indoor range is significant, as it will allow you to move around the house without experiencing any drops in image or quality. Some of the best baby monitors will maintain an excellent signal quality even when you happen to be out in the garden while your kid is inside.
Q3: Is Baby Monitor safe?
Baby monitors are to ensure that our babies are safe while still maintaining our sanity at the same time. However, they can end up being dangerous if not used properly. But overall, they are pretty safe.
Baby motors are necessary to have for mums today. They help in monitoring children, especially if the parent is away from the kid. They come in different price ranges and dimensions. Some of the best baby monitors are long-range ones, as they enable parents to watch their babies from far away distances. There are plenty of them on the market, and you can find them, depending on your priorities. Parenting isn’t an easy thing. There are plenty of ways to keep your kid safe. Look here, as we will continue to offer more information about parenting products.